Roger Parker's original instructions:
1. After teaching simple past tense, hand out the worksheet and get the students to match the pictures with the words at the bottom of the worksheet. They can use their dictionaries if necessary.
2. Write on the board what you ate for breakfast: "I ate toast." Check for understanding and then write what you drank: "I drank orange juice."
3. Finally, have the students write what they ate and drank.
1. After the activity as an extension you could get them to ask other students what they ate. Or try to find someone that had the same breakfast.
2. Another idea is to have the students imagine they are very rich or very poor and write about their breakfast.