Students listen to the teacher read Present Tense verb sentences and circle the correct picture.
Archived from Englipedia.
Originally submitted by Ashlea Miyauchi on Oct 20, 2009.
- ListeningRace worksheet: The first page of the attachment is the worksheet. The second page is a variety of verbs you can substitute into the worksheet.
- After splitting the class into pairs, hand out a worksheet to each pair and have the entire class stand up.
- The pairs listen to the teacher read a verb phrase and they must circle the correct picture on their worksheet. If the pair circles the wrong picture, they must sit down.
- The last pair standing is the champion.
- Use ONLY pictures for low-level classes. For more advanced classes, try using ONLY words without the pictures.
- Instead of working in pairs, hand out a worksheet to each student and every student must fend for themselves.
- For Special Needs classes, you might want to choose verbs with clear katakana parallels, like dance and run.
- Take turns with the JTE reading the verb phrases.
- Make sure the pairs don't try and cheat by looking at another pair's worksheet for the answer.
Sign in or register an account to leave a comment.