Students answer questions or get folded.
Archived from Englipedia.
Originally submitted by Brent Badger on Feb 4, 2010.
- A sheet of news paper for all the students.
- Divide the class into six teams. Move the desks out of the way and have all the students stand on their newspapers.
- Show a student in a group a vocabulary card. Give the student a certain time limit to say the vocabulary. Start with one minute and then decrease the time by 10 seconds every time.
- If the students says the correct word, then the group is safe. If the student cannot say the correct word (their teammates can help), then everybody in the team has to fold their newspaper in half.
- Move on to the next team and repeat the process.
- If students are not on their newspaper (they can no longer stand on it or they fall), then they are out.
- It will get more difficult as time passes. The team with the last student standing wins.
- Competition: Hold out the flashcard and the first student to raise their hand gets to answer.
- Fold the newspapers if students don't speak up.
- Don't let them push each other.
- Did you know it is impossible to fold a piece of paper more than eight times, no matter how big it is?
Sign in or register an account to leave a comment.