By asking yes/no questions, students must guess the target word or Japanese celebrity.
Archived from Englipedia.
Originally submitted by Colin McCloud on Nov 22, 2007.
- After splitting the class into teams, the ALT/JTE chooses one target word or Japanese celebrity.
- Students guess the target word or Japanese celebrity by asking yes/no questions.
- A 'yes' answer allows a team to ask another question. A 'no' answer and control goes to the next team. If they fail to guess after 10 questions, the answer is revealed.
- Points are awarded to the team guessing the target word/Japanese celebrity correctly
- To help low level students, make a print out of example questions: Are you a(n) animal/ human / sport / vegetable?
- Then, write subcategory questions for each topic: Are you famous? Are you in this school? Are you a man or a woman? Are you Japanese? Can I eat you? Are you delicious? Are you green?
- Any questions that elicit a yes/no answer are ok: Are you…, Can you…, Can I…, Do you… / Do I…
Sign in or register an account to leave a comment.