Students listen to the ALT and use a code to convert numbers to letters. Then they have to compete to guess what word the letters spell.
Archived from Englipedia.
Originally submitted by Nicholas Hallsworth on Aug 09, 2011.
- After giving the students the handout with the code on it, tell them you are going to read out numbers and that they have to use the code to convert the numbers to letters.
- They can put their hand up and guess the word at any time.
- If they guess correctly, they get a point for their row.
- If you have a genius in the class only allow them to answer once, but encourage him/her to help out the rest of his/her team.
- You can chance the difficult of the words to suit different grades. I've done this with ES grade 5, as well as JHS grade 1.
- Throw in a few different questions, for example, you can use your own name as one of the words, name of the town you're living in, etc.
Sign in or register an account to leave a comment.