Students count as fast as possible in this relay race.
Archived from Englipedia.
Originally submitted by Bethany Walker on Jul 23, 2014.
- Stop watch (second hand needed)
- Optional: number card / vocabulary card sets
- Review numbers 1-20 in order.
- Tell students they will play a speed game. Show that the game starts with one student and goes all around to the last student.
- Hand each student a number card in order.
- Each student will stand and say their number and then return to their seat.
- Time the class to see how fast they can make it to the end.
- Have students change cards and try again.
- This game can be played with added vocabulary as well. Instead of saying just a number students will say something along the lines of, "three pencils". Be sure the students know when to add the plural, 's'.
- This game can also be played using dialog. Ask the students, "How many~?" and hold up a number card. Students respond by saying the number of items. For example, if a number 3 card is held up: "How many pencils?" [3 card] > "three pencils".
- Be sure students learn to use plural forms.
- Be sure kids are clearly pronouncing each word.
Sign in or register an account to leave a comment.