Play random sounds and have students in groups guess what they are.
Download some sounds to your laptop or preload a YouTube video and bring your laptop and a speaker to class.
I used this YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1m4h79JZso
- Hand out whiteboards and markers to lunch groups.
- Ask, "What's this?" and play the sound.
- Give the students a few seconds to write down their answer. I told them that writing in Japanese is okay.
- The students show their answer. Keep track of which groups got the answer right.
- Reveal the answer by making them ask you, "What is that?" and then give the answer.
September 05, 2019
Sign in or register an account to leave a comment.