This is a fast food role play based on Total English 1's Talk Time 2 exercise.
Archived from Englipedia.
Originally submitted by Norm Cook on March 27, 2014.
- McNormand's Hamburger Shop worksheet
- Listening script x2 (for section one)
- (optional) Fake money, eat in and takeout 'food'
- Copy the worksheet pages 1 and 2 to the front and back of a handout.
- Page 3 should be copied twice to the front and back
- Prepare a listening dialog similar to the one provided on page 2 in order to complete the first activity.
- Practice and review vocabulary and common phrases with the students
- Use the listening section, "What did they buy?" for warm up. Students will circle either A, B, or C for each listening script.
- The second warm up is a vocabulary unscramble game.
- For the main activity, students will role play as clerk and customer using the dialog provided. The clerk will listen to the customer's order and take notes using page 3 of the worksheet to calculate the total price.
- Consider using cards representing the materials being exchanged (take out, food, money) in order to cut back on materials needed and develop a more TPR approach to an otherwise normal dialog.
- Have the students in the clerk or customer role for at least 6 conversations with different students. This way the students retain more of the suggested grammar.
Sign in or register an account to leave a comment.