A short reading comprehension activity about Ichiro.
Archived from Englipedia.
Originally submitted by Michael Riedinger on Dec 1, 2011.
- Introduce the story by reading it to the students one time.
- Next, read the story, students repeat.
- Now introduce the question style, confirming the students are familiar with the questions.
- This activity can be used for 三年生 Total English 3 page 70 OR page 81.
- The questions can be changed.
- Can be changed into a listening activity, fill in the blank, etc.
- Given the English level at this point, most students should be able to understand the lesson. Please use your judgment for your classes.
- I carefully double checked the words used with the Total English 3 book. Most of them are okay except Japanese National Tournaments, so please be careful. Ichiro is maybe one of the most respected Japanese icons in Japan, so when you present this teachers will probably pay close attention to this activity and would very much like to use it. At least that is the impression I saw from my teachers. The Japanese are very proud of Ichiro, and very much so since he is the only Major League player to break an 84 year record that originated with Babe Ruth.
- I use black and white pictures, and then I brighten/darken with contrast stronger/weaker. The picture may not turn out well on your printer, so please do a test print and check for yourself.
Sign in or register an account to leave a comment.