Inspiration from the MAD magazine board game, Janken winners have to do various things according to what the losers tell them. Students have to do the crazy thing to get the signature.
Archived from Englipedia.
Originally submitted by Daphne Ding on Dec 11, 2009.
- Practice reading each box on the worksheet. Demonstrate the actions with JTE if necessary.
- Demonstrate how to play with the JTE. First, you janken with each other and the loser looks at the winner's worksheet and choose a grid which has not been signed, and tells the winner to do it. The winner must do accordingly while the loser witnesses it. When the action is completed satisfactorily, the loser has to sign the grid on winner's worksheet.
- I usually require students to complete two rows (5-6 signatures) instead of one to be finished/bingo-ed.
- You may change and/or add crazier actions.
- I think this is a perfect time to introduce tongue-twisters ("She sells sea shells...") to the students, hence the tongue-twister on the worksheet.
Sign in or register an account to leave a comment.