As teacher's prep, he or she should know a bit of info about the festivals as this will be useful in the students' sentence constructions.
1. Teacher asks students about some famous festivals in Japan.
2. As a bridging point for the activity, teacher asks for weird festivals in Japan.
3. Ask students what they think of these weird festivals and what gaijins might think about them.
4. Divide the class into groups of four.
5. Procedure to the presentation of the slides by telling them the country of origin and the name of the festival.
6. Before showing the choices, teacher asks students what they think is the answer to the trivia question. Students use the pattern "I think (that) it`s ...)
7. Depending on the available time for this activity, teacher may ask each group of their answers.
8. A consequence or challenge task may be given to the Bottom 3 groups.