This activity is to help the students with difficult minimal pairs. It is a good warm
Archived from Englipedia.
Originally submitted by John Edwin Keene on Dec 20, 2010.
- Hand out a worksheet to each student and have them fill in there name and class number. I always include an extra question on the top just for fun. I usually ask the question and have some kids shout out answers and then the JTE and I help them with various foods or whatever other question topic you choose.
- Tell them that mummys are on the loose and trying to catch the characters on the side of the pyramid but they can avoid the mummys by listening carefully and exiting the correct door labeled 1-8.
- Tell them they have seven chances to help the characters. If they exit the correct door seven times all the characters are safe. However, if they exit the wrong door then a character of their choice is caught by the mummy (i.e. one life lost).
- Practice the words and check comprehension.
- The first time I go really slow and then build up some speed. Tell the students to follow the words and arrows with their finger and write their answer in the small box (Rounds 1-7) (Having them write their answer avoids cheaters).
- I give stickers to the kids with six or more characters left alive.
- Practice beforehand and go slowly first.
Sign in or register an account to leave a comment.