This is a classic logic puzzle. The students must read and understand the relative pronoun sentences in order to solve the puzzle.
Archived from Englipedia.
Originally submitted by Anonymous / Alyssa Godfrey on Feb 03, 2011.
- DayAtTheZoo attachments: One per student/group. (three different versions)
- After breaking the students up into their lunch groups, or any smaller group of anywhere from 3-6 kids. hand out the worksheet.
- Explain the premise on the left, and translate if it's necessary. Don't translate the clues!
- Give the students some time (limit them if necessary) to try and work together to figure out the logic puzzle.
- The first group to come to you with the correct answer gets stickers and/or the loving admiration of their fellow classmates!
- Instead of working in groups, the students could also work in pairs or individually.
- Option 3 is better for lower level students and includes a chart for students to keep track of the information.
- Make sure the students are familiar with the grammar point: The girl who..., The animal that..., etc.
- The vocabulary used should be just fine for JHS 3rd year students.
Sign in or register an account to leave a comment.