Students try to guess which character their partner has chosen.
Archived from Englipedia.
Originally submitted by Sara Williams on February 9, 2010.
- After giving each student a copy of the worksheet practice reading to make sure they understand.
- Each student secretly chooses a character. Then, the students find a partner and janken.
- The janken winner asks the loser one question to try to find out which character they have chosen. The loser responds. The loser can then ask the winner one question.
- They repeat this process until one of them has worked out which character their partner has chosen. They ask, "Are you...?" and if they are correct they win the game.
- After the class has played once, have students change partners (and characters) and play again.
- Demonstrate the activity with the JTE/ALT before letting the students do it to ensure the students understand.
- There is a lot of English on the worksheet, which may overwhelm some of your students. But if you go through the reading, and let them take notes, it should be okay.
Sign in or register an account to leave a comment.