Students listen to the ALT describing a Japanese prefecture and try to guess which one it is to get points. It's a review of English comprehension and general Japanese culture.
Archived from Englipedia.
Originally submitted by Jessica Gagnon on March 4, 2015.
- Students group into teams (depending on class size) and listen to the ALT describing a prefecture by giving hints in point form.
- The ALT provides 4 hints for each prefectures.
- If a team guesses after the first hint, they get 100 points, 2 hints = 80 pts, 3 hints = 60pts, 4 hints = 40 pts.
- When guessing, a member writes down the prefecture name on a white board or paper and shows the JTE privately so other teams can still guess.
- Make sure the students know what a prefecture is! As an example before playing, describe your own prefecture including the hint "this is the prefecture you live in".
Sign in or register an account to leave a comment.