Students imagine their JTE as a sport, a car, an actor any number of unusual and interesting things. Then, they guess which best describes the JTE.
Archived from Englipedia.
Originally submitted by Sandy Dennis on Mar 16, 2009.
- Number cards from 1-5, one set for each group
- After forming groups, give each group a set of number cards. The groups will show these cards when they choose their answer.
- Read aloud, "Imagine if were a sport, what sport would he/she be? Give the students five choices, like: "1.) basketball, 2.) baseball, 3.) yoga, 4. dance, 5. other." The students choose the number that they think best describes their JTE, and then hold up the corresponding number card, for example, #1 for basketball.
- The JTE then tells the class the correct answer.
- Groups with the same number as the JTE receive one point.
- Some suggestions include: song, body part, weapon, car, method of transportation, country, actor/actress and color.
Sign in or register an account to leave a comment.