Students travel around game board collecting times on their cards for various daily routine verbs.
Archived from Englipedia.
Originally submitted by Jory Boling on Nov 25, 2014.
- TimeHunters -attachment (Includes a game board and cards)
- Game piece (eraser)
- Students each take a card and place their game piece / erasers on any green START square.
- Roll the dice.
- If they land on a red STOP square, lose a turn.
- If they land on a DICE square, they can roll again.
- If they land on a FERRIS WHEEL, do nothing (no schedule).
- Win by collecting all the times for the verbs and writing them on your card.
- If it takes too long, allow students to travel back and forth, not just in a straight line.
- Drill the target language enough times so they are confident enough to say it in their groups.
- Some students have a tendency to just roll the dice and write down times. It helps if they are "gently" reminded to actually say the target language. Some groups can be told to police themselves.
Sign in or register an account to leave a comment.