Materials: drawing template
coloring materials (if teacher prefers to have the outputs colored)
How to Play:
1. Review the different body parts.
Singing the "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes" - Speeding Up version can be a good warm-up.
* Simon Says can also be an alternative.
2. Practice the question pattern "How many ~?" and how to answer it.
3. Distribute worksheets.
4. Ask students to give their models/characters a name. They should write the name using the alphabet in the space provided.
5. Decide how you want the activity to be done (by pair or in small groups). If by pair, make sure to have enough dice for each pair. If not enough, you can think of other alternatives.
6. Start the game by determining the order of players to roll the dice.
7. The other player/s ask/s the question "How many ~?" (e.g. How many eyes does Ana/Ben have?) to Player 1.
8. Player 1 rolls the dice. The number that comes out should be his answer to the question.
9. Player 1 then draws the number of body parts his/her character has based on his answer.
10. The activity goes on until all students have completed their portraits.
11. Students show their outputs to class.