This game helps students practice vocabulary or English sentences. It is a general game that can be used for ES or JHS lessons.
Archived from Englipedia.
Originally submitted by Joyce P. Le on Dec 08, 2011.
- Target flashcards or sentence structures
- After reviewing/ teaching the vocabulary, put the flashcards on the blackboard in rows and number them.
- Have students get into pairs and stand up. Students will play Rock, Paper, Scissors. The loser has to say the first target vocabulary. Then, they play Rock, Paper, Scissors again. The loser has to say the second target vocabulary. Once the pair gets to the last target vocabulary or sentence, they may sit down and wait for the other pairs to finish.
- If this is for JHS reading and repeating, the first sentence in the textbook is equivalent to the first target vocabulary, and the second sentence in the textbook is equivalent to the second target vocabulary, etc.
- Best to do a role play with the teacher to ensure understanding. Make sure to do a few read and repeat before having the students do the game.
- This activity works really well for all levels of students and all target sentences/ vocabularies if it is done properly. It also increases students' motivation in class.
Sign in or register an account to leave a comment.