Students go shopping using Mom's list while role playing and practicing the target grammar.
Archived from Englipedia.
Originally submitted by Hailey Hepler on March 28, 2014.
"Oh no. Mom is sick and needs you to go shopping for her."
- Before class, write prices on the back of the store sign cards for small and large items. Also, print and cut Mom's shopping lists.
- Practice the dialog with students and make sure they understand all the vocabulary including store names and shopping lists.
- Hand out the shopping lists to each student.
- Have half of the students shop for each item using the dialog. They should also write the price of each item. The other half will work in the shops.
- When the first half is finished, switch.
- Check to see who spent the most.
- Try giving the students 2 or more lists to extend the activity.
- Use the checking time to review large numbers such as 500, 10,000, and 15,500.
- If you have an awesome JTE, try replacing one of the stores and Mom's list items with 'Bra store' and watch the horror unfold.
Sign in or register an account to leave a comment.